30 Years of Innovation & Technology

 

1 – 4 August 2017

Auckland, NZ

 

Conference 2017

Join us for the Forest and Rural Fire Association NZ’s Annual General Meeting and Conference.
This year, FRFANZ celebrates 30 years and we will be looking back over how much has changed in the last 3 decades.
Hear from keynote speakers and a wide range of national experts in two days of stimulating, interesting and though provoking conference sessions.

We will also be hosting an invaluable field trip on the third and final day.

 1 – 4 August 2017

 Auckland, New Zealand

Schedule

1 August 2017

Workshop TBC

2 August 2017

Conference Day 1
Conference Dinner

3 August 2017

Conference Day 2

4 August 2017

Field Trip

Conference Sponsors

 
 

  • Connector.

    Conference Sponsors & Exhibitors

    If you wish to become a sponsor or exhibit at the 2017 FRFANZ Conference, contact us.

Programme

30 Years of Innovation & Technology

Please note: This is a draft programme. Some details still to be confirmed.
Tuesday 1 August
1:00 pm -
4:00 pm
Workshop (TBC)Details to be advised
5:30 pmConference Registrations Open
6:00 pmMeet & Greet Function
Wednesday 2 August: Conference Day 1
7:30 amRegistration
8:00 amFRFANZ Annual General Meeting (including elections)
9:00 amTea BreakExhibition Hall
SESSION 1
9:30 amWelcomeChair Kevin Ihaka, FRFANZ
9:35 amOfficial OpeningMayor
9:45 amMinister of Internal AffairsHonourable Peter Dunne
10:15 amFire & Emergency NZ BoardPaul Swain
10:45 amFire & Emergency NZ CEOTBA
11:05 amOperational Manager RuralTBA
11:25 amOperational Manager UrbanTBA
11:45 amQuestion & Answer Sessionwith Operational Managers as above
12:15 pmLunchExhibition Hall
SESSION 2
1:00 pmFire & Emergency NZ UpdatesTransition Team Strand Leaders
3:00 pmTea BreakExhibition Hall
SESSION 3
3:30 pmPanel DiscussionMinister / FENZ Board / Transition Team
4:00 pmFRFANZ / UFBA - The Way AheadChair Kevin Ihaka & UFBA Officials
5:00 pmClose of Conference Day 1
Conference Dinner
6:00 pmPre Dinner DrinksExhibition Hall
7:30 pmConference Dinner
Thursday 3 August: Conference Day 2
SESSION 4
8:15 amNZ Fire Fighters Welfare / Credit Union
8:45 amKeynote PresentationTBA
9:30 amTechnology & Innovation SpeakerTBA
10:00 amTea BreakExhibition Hall
10:30 amScion Update
11:15 amKeynote Speaker - Communication InnovationTBA
12:00 pmLunchExhibition Hall
SESSION 5
1:00 pmKeynote Speaker - Vehicle & Equipment InnovationsTBA
1:45 pmKeynote Speaker - Technology InnovationsTBA
2:30 pmSpeaker - Drone / UAV Innovations (TBC)TBA
3:00 pmTea BreakExhibition Hall
3:30 pmSpeaker - Innovation & TechnologyTBA
4:15 pmClose of Conference Day 2
Friday 4 August: Field Trip

Details to be confirmed


Venue

Crowne Plaza Hotel, Auckland CBD

The Crowne Plaza Hotel is set right in the midst of New Zealand’s busiest city, providing plenty of activities and attractions.

Accommodation Rates:

  • $255 per room per night
  • $289 per room per night with breakfast

Once registered, you will receive details on how to book accommodation.

  Crowne Plaza Hotel

Registration Rates


Workshop (TBC)

FREE

Conference

$370

+ GSTPer Person
UNTIL 30 JUNE 2017

Conference Dinner

$75

+ GSTPer Person

Field Trip

$ TBC

Details to be advised
Register Now

Click here to read our full terms and conditions.

About Us

FRFANZ is a national association that represents people and organisations concerned with fire and fire protection in the forests and rural areas of New Zealand. Responsibility for fires in these areas lies with the Rural Fire Authorities (RFA); there are 86 RFA’s covering 97% of the land area of NZ. The remaining 3% is urban fire district area for which the New Zealand Fire Service, a national organisation, is responsible.

The National Rural Fire Authority is tasked with the co-ordination of the RFA’s at a national level. However, delivery of rural fire protection and suppression of wildland fires remains with the rural fire services that are funded and overseen by RFA’s. RFA’s can be territorial local authorities, statutory committees, government departments and military. Therefore, the rural fire services are much more diverse that the urban fire service.

FRFANZ’s role is to develop and provide communication links between all those involved in rural fire from the firefighters to national administrators.

The Association meets its role in many ways, including holding annual conferences with overseas speakers, promoting rural fire competitions, sharing information, lobbying, assisting with the publication of research reports, and providing service honours to firefighters.

Contact

Event Organiser

CONNEX: Event Innovators
A division of Innovatek Ltd
  (+64) 7 921 1382

Building X91, Sala Street,
Rotorua 3010, New Zealand

FRFANZ

Forest & Rural Fire Association of NZ
  www.frfanz.org.nz

PO Box 3578
Richmond 7050, New Zealand